Alan Li – MB ChB FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Gen Surg)
He has specialist experience and an established expert practice in surgery for:
- Oesophageal and Gastric Cancer (Oncology)
- Weight loss / Obesity / Type 2 Diabetes (Bariatric)
- Upper Gastro-Intestinal (GI) disorders (GORD, reflux, heartburn and hiatus hernia)
- General surgery conditions (all types of hernia and gallbladder disease)
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) techniques.
Recent advances within his practice now include:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for cancer (MIO and MIG)
- LINX for reflux
- ESG for obesity – endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (non-surgical sleeve)
- 365 balloon for weight loss
- Minimal scar and single incision (SILS) surgery
- Robotic surgery
He currently holds the positions of Upper GI Cancer and Service Lead and Minimally Invasive OG Cancer Surgery Lead at the Manchester Royal Infirmary and is a senior surgeon at Salford Royal. He is the OG Surgery Lead for Manchester Cancer.
He is a lead bariatric and upper GI surgeon at BMI Alexandra (Cheadle), Spire Manchester Hospital, Spire Cheshire Hospital and for Healthier Weight and Pall Mall Bariatrics.